Smoke in Midtown

Firefighters at the site of the incident on 8 Street East. Arthur White-Crummey/Daily Herald

Emergency services responded to a smoking apartment in Midtown, reportedly triggered by a shorted-out bathroom vent.

Tyler Bear said he was inside the apartment, on 8 Street East, when he and Elisia Highway noticed smouldering. They called emergency and the fire department was quickly on scene. Highway was still coughing shortly after the incident, and was attended to by paramedics.

Police on scene said that there were no major injuries.