A 25-year-old Lac La Ronge resident is facing multiple charges after police received a complaint about a person making threats with a firearm outside Senator Myles Venne School in La Ronge.
The school enacted safety rotocols and was placed on lockdown as police patrolled the area.
The RCMP tracked and located a suspect at a residence a few blocks away. A man was taken into custody without incident and a pellet gun located on the premises. No one was injured.
Tommy Lavallee, 25, has been charged with:
- Assault with a weapon
- Using an imitation firearm
- Using a firearm in a careless manner
- Carrying a weapon for a purpose dangerous to the public peace
- Intimidation by using threats of violence to a person
- Failing to comply with an undertaking.
Lavallee has been remanded into custody and will appear in La Ronge court on Thursday.