- Celebrate Canada Day virtually with online NFB films and activitiesNational Film Board of Canada, Submitted With Canadians looking to celebrate Canada Day in a way that’s fun and safe for themselves, their family and their community, the National Film Board of Canada (NFB) is ready for July 1 with a great selection of […]
- PA Together at Home webpage provides activitiesCity of Prince Albert, Submitted The City of Prince Albert has launched a new webpage to provide activities for people that they can do in their own homes during this time when most city facilities are closed. All activities and links on the page are Prince […]
- National Film Board of Canada offers free online learning resources for parents and teachersNational Film Board of Canada, Submitted As Canadians do their part to tackle the COVID-19 outbreak, families and teachers are adjusting to the new reality and working to provide educational and diverse content to children at home. The National Film Board (NFB) of Canada, […]
- SWF Offers Free Saskatchewan-Based Outdoor Educational Resources for Parents & Families During School ClosuresSaskatchewan Wildlife Federation, Submitted Since school closures around the province last month, SWF staff have been hard at work developing fun outdoor education material for parents scrambling for activities to keep kids occupied and stimulated. Rather than focusing on screens, SWF wants families taking […]
- Artist shares colouring pageAcclaimed Métis artist Christi Belcourt has shared a piece she created for people to colour to stay occupied during the COVID-19 crisis. Belcourt’s painting, called “Joy” was turned into a colouring page by Mariah Meawasige, she shared on Facebook Sunday afternoon. She’s encouraging people […]
- Social distancing with kidsAgriLife Extension experts share tips to keep kids engaged at home during COVID-19 social distancing Paul Schattenberg, Submitted With the coronavirus pandemic forcing many communities to close schools and child daycare centers out of an abundance of caution, parents and other caregivers have been […]
- Should I go outside in the COVID-19 era?Saskatchewan in Motion, Submitted By Louise de Lannoy, Marina Brussoni and Mark Tremblay of Outdoor Play Canada Can I go outside? Is it even safe for me to go outside? As “social distancing,” “physical distancing,” and “self-isolation” enter the global public lexicon and we […]
- Fresh air, fitness and free play at Little RedKara Thorpe, Submitted Little Red River Park contains 1,200 acres of natural beauty, located north of the North Saskatchewan River. The park is open-year round. Activities include on-leash dog walking, snowshoeing, cross country ski trails, an unsupervised tobogganing hill and picnic sites and camp […]
- Destress in Your Own Back YardThe TurfMutt Foundation, Submitted The TurfMutt Foundation encourages outdoor learning, stewardship of our green spaces, and care for all living landscapes. Visit www.turfmuttblog.com for outdoor activity ideas. Here’s some of its resources. Creative Writing: TurfMutt’s digital storybooks might inspire your child to create their […]
- Traditional art ideas to spark family bonding while accessorizing your homeGail Carlson, Submitted The following ideas come from Gail Carlson, a potter and painter located at GP Carlson Art Gallery and Studios in Prince Albert. Here are some ideas of what to do while you are at home with your family. These are things […]
For more, visit The things to do archive.
With several facilities, schools and arts venues closed we want to keep building community and providing resources to people on our website and in print.
A lot of people are sending things out on social media. we want to provide a place people can look to both for reliable news and information as well as community engagement.
This page will be home to educational tips, tricks, activities and tools for parents and caregivers to do with their children — an example would be videos people post of storytime, or other early learning resources.
The intent is to give people a reliable place they can go for educational activities without relying on scrolling through social media.
The idea is to build community and continue to provide resources people can access despite closures of facilities around them.
To submit, email email@example.com or Jayda.firstname.lastname@example.org.