Prince Albert Raiders blueliner Nolan Allan will have the chance to play for his country later this month.
The 17-year-old from Davidson has been named to Canada’s roster for the IIHF World Under-18 Hockey Championship, which will be held from April 26 to May 6 in Frisco and Plano, Texas.
Allan, who played for Canada Red at the World Under-17 Hockey Challenge last season and was named to the camp roster for the cancelled Hlinka Gretzky Cup tournament this past summer, has one assist in 10 games thus far in his sophomore campaign for the Raiders.
The third overall pick in the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft started the season with the SJHL’s La Ronge Ice Wolves and had five points in five games.
According to Hockey Canada, players and staff will self-isolate starting on April 12 before they travel to Texas on April 17.
All team personnel will then enter a four-day quarantine before starting a pre-tournament camp on April 21.
Following an exhibition game with Finland on April 24, Canada will start round-robin play on April 27 against Sweden.
The full roster for the team, which is coached by former San Jose Sharks assistant Dave Barr, is as follows.
- Tyler Brennan (Prince George Cougars)
- Benjamin Gaudreau (Sarnia Sting)
- Thomas Milic (Seattle Thunderbirds)
- Nolan Allan (Prince Albert Raiders)
- Brandt Clarke (Barrie Colts)
- Corson Ceuelmans (Brooks Bandits)
- Ethan Del Mastro (Mississauga Steelheads)
- Carson Lambos (Winnipeg Ice)
- Jack Matier (Ottawa 67’s)
- Guillaume Richard (Tri-City Storm)
- Olen Zellweger (Everett Silvertips)
- Connor Bedard (Regina Pats)
- Dylan Guenther (Edmonton Oil Kings)
- Brett Harrison (Oshawa Generals)
- Wyatt Johnston (Windsor Spitfires)
- Mason McTavish (Peterborough Petes)
- Brennan Othmann (Flint Firebirds)
- Francesco Pinelli (Kitchener Rangers)
- Conner Roulette (Seattle Thunderbirds)
- Cole Sillinger (Medicine Hat Tigers – Currently playing with the Sioux Falls Stampede)
- Logan Stankoven (Kamloops Blazers)
- Chase Stillman (Sudbury Wolves)
- Ryan Winterton (Hamilton Bulldogs)
- Shane Wright (Kingston Frontenacs)
- Danny Zhilkin (Guelph Storm)
With the QMJHL planning to hold a post-season this spring, no players from the league are on the roster.
Another notable absence is 2004-born forward Matthew Savoie, who has 28 points in 23 games this season with the USHL’s Dubuque Fighting Saints and is expected to make his full-time debut with the WHL’s Winnipeg Ice next year.