Evan Herman and Justin Nachbaur will be taking to the ice in the Manitoba Junior Hockey League for the next couple of months.
The Prince Albert Raiders forwards have been loaned to the OCN Blizzard until Dec. 20, when they will return to their Western Hockey League team ahead of the 2020-21 regular season.
Herman made his debut for the Blizzard on Saturday night and scored a goal in his team’s 6-3 road loss to the Dauphin Kings.
The 18-year-old from The Pas, Man., who had 22 points in 59 games for the Raiders in the 2019-20 campaign, has played for the Blizzard before.
He had seven points in seven games for the club as an affiliated player during the 2018-19 regular season.
Nachbaur, who is 20 years of age and calls Cross Lake, Man. home, had 31 points in 55 games for the Blizzard in 2016-17 and recorded six points during the team’s run to the MJHL final.
He has spent the last three years with the Raiders and has 74 points in 194 WHL regular season contests.
The Blizzard, who currently have an 0-4-1 record, will return to action on Friday as they’ll play host the Kings.
WHL Loan Season
One of the most intriguing moves over the last few days occurred on Monday as the Tri-City Americans loaned out forward and Colorado Avalanche draft pick Sasha Mutala to the Grande Prairie Storm of the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
The 19-year-old Mutala, who was a fifth round pick by the Avalanche in 2019, led the Americans in scoring last year with 67 points in 62 games.
Meanwhile, Medicine Hat Tigers overage forward Brett Kemp has been loaned to his hometown Yorkton Terriers of the SJHL.
Kemp had 77 points in 62 contests last year to finish second in team scoring.
Over in the MJHL, Seattle Thunderbirds forward Connor Roulette has been added to the Selkirk Steelers lineup.
The 17-year-old from Winnipeg had 39 points in 54 games during his rookie campaign in the WHL.
SJHL Pre-Season Scoreboard
Thursday, Oct. 22
- Flin Flon 3 La Ronge 2 (Hayden Clayton Overtime Winner – Two Goals – Alex Bell – 48 Saves)
Friday, Oct. 23
- Kindersley 5 Battlefords 2 (Ethan King – Two Goals)
- Yorkton 3 Melville 0 (Jacob Herman (Prince George Cougars Prospect) – 35-Save Shutout – Ryan McCleary (Portland Winterhawks Prospect) Two Goals)
- Nipawin 3 Melfort 2 (Jack Lenchyshyn Overtime Winner – Full Scoring Details Not Available)
- Estevan 6 Weyburn 3 (Aleksa Babic – Two Assists)
Saturday, Oct. 24
- Humboldt 5 Notre Dame 1 (Tristan Shewchuk – Two Goals)
- Kindersley 4 Battlefords 1 (Full Scoring Details Not Available)
- La Ronge 4 Flin Flon 2 (Adam McNutt (Prince Albert Raiders Prospect) – Two Assists)
- Melfort 2 Nipawin 1 (Joel Favreau (Prince Albert Product) – 36 Saves)
- Yorkton 3 Melville 1 (Kaeden Taphorn – One Goal and One Assist)
- Estevan 3 Weyburn 0 (Mason Strutt – Two Goals)