The Prince Albert RCMP’s Crime Reduction Team has charged three people from Sturgeon Lake First Nation for weapons offences.
The Crime Reduction Team, Prince Albert RCMP and Prince Albert’s Integrated Street Enforcement Team conducted a search warrant in a home on Agency Road on Wednesday.
The search resulted in the seizure of a sawed-off shotgun, ammunition, a replica handgun, a spear-gun and suspected hydromorphone.
Shania Yooya, 24, Brennan Sanderson, 27 and Shannon Sanderson, 29, were arrested and are facing the following charges:
· unauthorized possession of a prohibited firearm
· possession of a prohibited firearm with ammo
· possess of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
· unsafe storage of a firearm
· possession of a firearm with tampered serial number
· possession of a weapon obtained by crime
The Sandersons have been released from custody and are scheduled to appear in Prince Albert Provincial Court on Mar. 18. Yooya is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.