The Prince Albert Raiders have parted ways with one-time first round Western Hockey League Bantam Draft pick Cohner Saleski.
Saleski, a 17-year-old forward from Saskatoon, was dealt to the Red Deer Rebels late Tuesday afternoon in exchange for a fourth round pick in the 2021 draft and a sixth round pick in 2020.
The 17th overall pick in the 2017 draft, Saleski had an assist in five games for the Raiders during the last two seasons and had not played for the squad this year.
He had 28 points in 24 games during the 2018-19 campaign with the Prince Albert Mintos and had six points in five games against the Saskatoon Blazers in the quarter-final round of the Saskatchewan Midget AAA Hockey League playoffs.
Around the WHL
The Spokane Chiefs got a major boost to their lineup Tuesday as blueliner Ty Smith was reassigned to the club by the New Jersey Devils.
Smith is the defending winner of the CHL’s defenceman of the year award after he put up 69 points in 57 games last season.
The Calgary Hitmen and Seattle Thunderbirds also welcomed back two of their big pieces to their lineups on Monday as overage forwards Mark Kastelic and Matthew Wedman returned from AHL camps with the Belleville Senators and the Springfield Thunderbirds respectively.
- Red Deer 2 Saskatoon 1 (Ethan Anders – 34 Saves)
- Calgary 2 Medicine Hat 0 (Adam Kydd – Two Goals – Carl Stankowski – 33 Saves – First Career Shutout)
- Lethbridge 5 Edmonton 2 (Dylan Cozens – Two Goals and Two Assists)
- Winnipeg 5 Regina 2 (Carson Lambos – Two Goals)
- Vancouver 4 Kelowna 0 (Justin Sourdif – Two Goals – David Tendeck – 14 Saves – Eighth Career Shutout)
- Saskatoon vs. Lethbridge – 7 p.m.
- Edmonton vs. Swift Current – 7 p.m.
- Seattle vs. Kamloops – 8 p.m.
- Tri-City vs. Kelowna – 8 p.m.