The drive-in might be returning to Prince Albert this summer.
Gateway Mall manager Sharon Faul confirmed that the mall is in talks to bring a drive-in to the rooftop parking lot this summer. Nothing has been finalized as of yet, but the proposal is to run it from mid-May to the beginning of September.
‘We have been working with a potential tenant for a spot at the mall and these are the discussions they’re having,” she said.
‘This is something they want to pursue in the interim before we start construction and finalize a deal for another piece in the shopping centre.”
This isn’t a first for the mall. It has hosted a drive-in theatre before. Faul said they responded positively when the business approached them.
“We said, sure, if we could finalize some terms and get everything rolling, we would be open to having a drive-in on our rooftop again.”
A Facebook post dated for Wednesday indicated the drive-in will begin on May 17, with concession available on site. The post had been shared 848 times as of press time. The account also hinted at big plans for the downtown area.
@peter_lozinski • email@example.com